A lot of times, people would say that it is not a good thing to do. To look back. But often times, people do look back to get assurance. They are in need of being reassured.
Reassured that what they are doing right now is right.
Reassured that they are still on the same track as they have ever been.
Reassured that the things they are fighting for are still those same things.
Reassured that it is okay to suffer for a little while to give a good benefit for all.
A couple of days ago, I did not mean to do this. But, seeing old pictures made me could not help but to do that.
I was scrolling down through gallery of my mobile phone the other day. And I could not recount of how many times I smiled. My mind, unconsciously, made a lap of listing these simplest things I miss from my high school days.
- The best friends, the classmates, the people who know how to handle me at varied of times, who have been there from the start.
- Using the back corner of the class to sit and play around, to make the most random arts and crafts ever invented, and to even sleep together while listening to the music through speaker and just sing it out loud.
- Doing assignments in big groups while setting a playlist to sing along together (usually involving math and science, which basically are the two most difficult one, or any kind of subject really cause we just hate doing assignments alone. Somehow it feels right to look at another friends' answer and compare it with ours).
- Bitching around of how much I wish the school would just erase the Sport subject.
- The feeling of knowing that we are all in this together. Literally.
- Taking photographs on no special occasions, just because we want to.
- The other family. SMANDA's High School English Club.
- The birthday surprises and treats.
- Baking a birthday cake together in friend's house till 10pm.
- Hanging out in school's canteens and having them laugh every time I unfasten my belt after lunch, cause my belly is just about to explode.
- Those people who constantly remind me not to eat something that has a lot of MSG, ex: Indomie, lidi-lidian, etc.
- Knowing 100% that they've got your back no matter what.
- Bringing lunch box and share it with the class, then doing "Tawaf" around the classroom to ask some more food to everyone who still has some left.
- Being stuck and having to wait for another minute, sometimes hour, together cause of the rain, the storm, and sometimes the flood (special for those who are in Kerangkeng only.)
- Being able to cry in public without having the feelings of afraid for being judged